Monday, April 19, 2010

Learning Houdini + ZBrush

So I've been working on learning Houdini and I have to say that as frustrating it can be to start learning a new program, this one is rather fun. I think I've gotten modeling figured out and we're moving on to procedural animation. However, I'm still going to call this piece in progress. It doesn't look right yet and there's a lot more I want to do to it, but here it is just so I can show off what I'm learning.



I used zbrush for the first time (which is a blast, now I want to start making characters..) in order to do detail on the birds, but they lost a lot of quality when I brought them back in to Houdini. I'm going to go back and see if I can't fix that. Special Thanks to Buddy for introducing me to the interface of ZBrush, and big one to Professor Clark for the opportunity to learn Houdini.

We also had a special visit from a few artists from Side FX who told us about the company and gave us some amazing tutorials (and some free tshirts :]).

Final modeling piece and progress on procedural animation piece coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment